Thank you to all of our stakeholders and industry partners who came to support Washington County’s tourism industry during the WCVA’s annual Stakeholder Appreciation Luncheon and Tourism Awards!
Each year we look forward to this event so we can celebrate everyone who makes Washington County a wonderful destination! We also take the time to acknowledge those stakeholders who have gone the extra mile to offer the best products and services for visitors and locals alike.
With no further ado, we are proud to announce this year’s recipients of the 2010 WCVA Tourism Industry Awards are (drumroll, please).
The following awards are presented to attractions that continuously strive to provide new and exceptional experiences to visitors and guests:
- Best New Asset: Tree to Tree Adventure Park
- Agritourism Stakeholder: Smith Berry Barn
- Retail Stakeholder: Washington Square
- Specialty Retail Stakeholder: Stash Tea
- Arts & Culture Stakeholder: Bag&Baggage Productions
- Nature Stakeholder: L.L. “Stub” Stewart State Park
- Winery & Brewery Stakeholder: Ponzi Vineyards
The following awards are presented to venues, facilities and organizations that have gone the extra mile to bring new business to Washington County, as well as their continued support of the WCVA’s sales efforts:
- Meeting Venues: Jenkins Estate
- Group Tour Lodging Stakeholders: The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport
- Sports Event Venues: Horning’s Hideout
- Sports Event Organizers: Tournament Golf Foundation (LPGA Safeway Classic)
The following awards are presented to properties who have continued to support the WCVA’s efforts by responding to WCVA-generated leads and sales requests:
- Top Responders (Sports Sales Leads): The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport
- Top Closers (Sports Sales Leads): Springhill Suites by Marriott Portland- Hillsboro
- Top Responders (Service Requests): Embassy Suites- Washington Square
Congratulations to all the winners! We look forward to seeing you all at next year’s Stakeholder Appreciation Luncheon and Tourism Awards, which will be held next May, during National Travel and Tourism Week.